Applying to the BMCDB Graduate Group
The Biochemistry, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology (BMCDB) Graduate Group only accepts applications for the Ph.D program.
Applications are accepted for fall quarter admission only.
Recruitment Interview event anticipated to be held on February 7-9, 2021
An in person, zoom or phone interview is required for admission.
Application Process - What You Need to Know
- The application fee may be paid by credit card or e-check. The appropriate fee must be paid before the application will be considered complete, and a fee must be paid for each application submitted.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Please do not have recommenders send letters in hard copy.
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online application. For more details visit https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/submit-transcripts.
- As of 2019, the BMCDB Graduate Group no longer requires the GRE for admissions.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international students. Due to the lack of availability of English language testing opportunities resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, UC Davis is currently accepting the IELTS Indicator examination and the Duolingo English Test as an alternative to the TOEFL iBT and the IELTS Academic examination. Institution code: 4834.
- UC Davis Graduate Studies is registered to receive IELTS Academic scores using the IELTS Results Service E-Delivery, so please send your scores to: University of California, Davis Graduate Studies
The graduate group cannot review an application until all of the above components are received. Inquiries concerning application procedures or any other aspects of the program should be directed to the address below:
College of Biological Sciences Dean's Office
BMCDB Graduate Group
227 Life Sciences
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-5294