NEW! The College of Biological Sciences has made funding available to assist Domestic PhD applicants with their application fees. Please click here for more details!
The following prerequisite courses are recommended for students applying for graduate study in BMCDB, as students who are admitted into our program have generally taken these courses. Students requiring more than two courses to remedy a deficiency in these recommendations will not normally be admitted.
- Biology: One year of General Biology or equivalent content
- Biochemistry: Introductory Biochemistry, two quarters or four semester hours or equivalent content, with laboratory
- Chemistry: One year General Chemistry or equivalent content, with laboratory
- Organic Chemistry: Two quarters or one semester or equivalent content, with laboratory
- Physics: One year General Physics or equivalent content, with laboratory
- Statistics: One course of Introduction to Statistics or equivalent content